Commissioning & Permissions
Understanding the ball, and getting that ball rolling!
Please visit the History and Personal page.
Download the STORMWORKS Creative & Guest Conducting Fees.
Download the Commissioning Agreement PDF, fill it in and send to it Stephen.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailing list & Custom-Watermak Info! Click Here
To arrange a complete field show, please download Permission to Arrange in PDF.
To arrange portions of a field show from STORMWORKS, please invest in the original concert work(s) and then contact Tresona Music at https://tresonamusic.com
To commission a new, original work for the field, please contact Stephen after checking these Original Works for Winds & Percussion in Motion. (WPIM )
Download (to your desktop) a sortable, complete STORMWORKS catalog in Excel here: This also lists all of the Commissioners to date.
Download a STORMWORKS 1990s-2020s Order Form in PDF here:
If you have played some of my “Storm” works Music before and if you would like to commission a new work, what you see below is what you can expect. Why? Because to me, this is much more than a “business”. It is about leaving behind a lasting legacy of Inspiration, Faith, and Timeless Motivations in the Brotherhood of Humanity:
- I usually provide a framed Photo of the Score Cover. For those overseas, I create a framable PDF.
- A MIDI Mock-up of the new work in mp3 and/or .WAV. It is not the optimum recording but helps to portray many aspects of the piece.
- A Commissioner's “Thank You” Letter.
- Beyond Composing, Orchestratingincludes, and Recording, my work includes Typesetting the Score & Parts in Sibelius and exporting to PDF.
- A printed and bound 11X17 (Tabloid) Score and Master Set of Parts. For those overseas, I create customized PDFs.
- All Logistics, Score Notes, Commissioning Statements, and Dedications as designed by you.
- Number 7 is what is most important. The Music, which though it is always priceless, is set into a commissioning/fee system that I have not ever changed since the 1990s. Having been a Teacher in public schools for 17 years, I well understand the budgets and parameters of those “in the trenches”.
If you are interested in commissioning a new work that will, after its premiere with you and your ensemble, be added to the STORMWORKS Library, become part of a new STORMWORKS Chapter, and eventually be recorded by the finest Musicians around the world, please call or write. Thanks & Godspeed! S
Here are "Titles" to inspire You, as You inspire me!
- Our Reply to Violence
- Future History
- Spooky Action at a Distance
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull
- More on Connecting the Dots (PDF Story available on request.)
- Chaos Theory
- Dance of the Wu Li Master
- Multiverse 3
- Portrait of a Romantic Idealist
- Hidden in the Light
- In the Time(s) of Testing
- When God is Silent
- A Place We've Never Been
- Afloat in a Miracle
- Love Unleashed
- Yesterday & Today, from Many, One
- The Road Less Traveled
- The World After Yesterday
Music from Ahab, a Love Story, & Death to Moby Dick, a Love Story by Stephen Melillo
- Heartbreak & Shipwreck
- Abbie's Theme
- The White Whale
- Isaac & Irene, a Love Beyond the War